Like many of you, I have been on the edge of my seat all week as news reports roll out of Cleveland about the miraculous (if I may say) discovery of three missing young women. It is a story of true hope and heartache... guts and heroism winning out over the depravity of mankind. No ...
As an evangelical church, we hold to all basic tenents of the Christian faith. As a Friends church, we believe that it is important to apply our faith to every aspect of our lives.
We believe in a personal relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ, as a foundation for living.
"If you believe that Jesus is the Christ - that He is God's Son and your Savior - then you are a child of God. And all who love the Father love His children, too."
(I John 5:1)
We emphasize putting beliefs into action, thus demonstrating loving concern for others. This is our example today in a society steeped in hate, revenge, and violence.
"Jesus said, 'Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.'" (Matthew 5:44)
We offer a rich fellowship for you and your family, including many outlets for fruitful Christian obedience.
As an Evangelical Friends Church, we do not advance new teachings or doctrines. Instead, we seek to rediscover New Testament teachings and apply these age-old truths to our lives. As Friends we believe:
- God is our Father
- Jesus Christ is "the Word made flesh" for us
- The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, Strengthener, and Guide
- The Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by Him
- A person receives forgiveness through repentance for sins and belief in Jesus Christ as Savior
- The mission of the Church is to communicate the Good News of Salvation to people everywhere